Meet Our Fathers

>> Wednesday, June 9, 2010

This week's theme for Couple's Corner is Meet Our Fathers in honor of our fathers.



I will start off with my Papa: Marcial Pahimalan

My Papa was born to a poor family. He lost his father when he was only a kid and never had the chance to finish primary school. Determined to have a better life, he left his hometown in Liloan, Southern Leyte and headed South in the island of Mindanao. He worked as a laborer in various companies until luck smiled down on him and he got hired in a multi-national beverage company in Davao. While we were growing up, my Papa worked very hard just to send all four of us to school. He was the disciplinarian type and when we were smaller, he would discipline us when he can. A very responsible father who wants to provide for his family, I can say that he has really done his best. I am very thankful for everything that he has done for us although I miss the times that he could have been there but he cannot because he has to work. Now, he just retired from work. I hope that he will be able to enjoy his time with my mother, now that all of us are grown-ups and have families of our own too. I miss my Papa. I hope that we will be able to see him again one of these days.



Meet Hubby's Tatay: Vergilio Pera

Tatay hails from Calauag Quezon and migrated to Davao City to find his luck there. Tatay is a very responsible father too and he loves to talk about politics and religion. He is a big fan of Erap and he would always defend on our various conversations. He also loves to share his advice. Like my Papa, he also came from a poor family but was able to send his two sons to school. I am excited to see him and Nanay soon. I hope that he will enjoy staying with us for three months.



Both of my fathers are now old. I regularly pray that they will always stay healthy. And that we will still have the time to enjoy each other's company.

Rodliz’s Nest



4 beautiful reactions:

☆Mama Ko☆ June 9, 2010 at 4:22 PM  

gwapo imung papa kamz hehe. imu sd d i ni inday.

Mommy Liz June 9, 2010 at 9:01 PM  

Tatay ko rin ipinanganak na poor, hehehe. dati kapag black out, ikukuwnto nya sa amin kugn ganon sila kahirap, hay... You'r eso lucky for having a wonderful father. di takot humarap sa buhay at hinanap ang kanyang kapalaran.

Wow, punta dyan sa inyo ang PIL mo? baka maging busy ka ah. panay siguro ang pasyal nyo noh??

ACmomCee June 10, 2010 at 1:08 PM  

napaka persistent naman ni papa mo, mommy kikamz... and he's a good man for sure kaya naman he has been blessed with a good job. We are planning din for my PIL's stay here by next year sana magustuhan nila dito...

Mel_Cole June 12, 2010 at 8:01 AM  

Glad to hear your father is still in good health sis, Erap pala siya nu, oh well, we people have different views. Nice to visit here in your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP