Hubby As A Father

>> Thursday, June 3, 2010

I have decided to officially write my Couple's Corner entries in this blog beginning this month. And I know that I am late yet again so I will get the ball rolling.



They say that there will always be a first for everything... and like all firsts, they are more often than not, turning points in our lives. I knew that my Hubby would fare well when it comes to raising a family and a child for the first time, and so it is no surprise when the first time he became a father, he became exactly like one.




Although he grew up in a normal family, he spent most of his childhood with his grandparents because he was sickly and his parents had to work. He was surrounded with cousins and relatives so that he was close to them and a fond affection for his aunts and uncles.



Because of the environment that he grew up in as a child, I knew then that family would always be a priority for him. I am blessed because whenever he can, he would spend time with Samantha. He sees to it that we spend weekends together as a family. He also tries to vacate his schedule whenever I ask him to accompany us somewhere. Although work is important, he would request for a day off to be with us for let's say, Samantha's regular check-up at the pedia. I am just happy though that Hubby's company work hours here are very flexible so that he can always adjust.



Although I find it odd that Hubby hasn't ever given Samantha a bath because he is afraid he might do her harm, he would happily change her diapers. And while I am usually the one sending her off to sleep, he would happily wash and sterilize her feeding bottles and change her clothes. Hubby knows when to give in to Sam and when to be firm with her. He sees to it that he is there especially when Samantha and I have our moments. And he speaks to her like an adult, explaining to her what she did wrong when I get mad at her. Yes, he knows how to handle her daughter most of the time and I am happy with it.

Rodliz’s Nest



3 beautiful reactions:

Mommy Liz June 4, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

Wow ang sweet naman. Ang asawa ko eh magaling mag alaga ng bata, mas marunong pa kesa sa akin. He would change their diapers, change their clothes, wipe off their puke, but never ever give them baths. He would put them to sleep too. and if it's so important, he would take a day off to be with the kids. Swerte natin noh?

Mel_Cole June 4, 2010 at 3:49 PM  

Isn't it wonderful to have a good and a well adjusted husband? You are indeed very lucky to have him, sis :) Both him and samantha looks good in the pictures!

http://melcoleofpausa.blogspot.com/2010/06/cc-my-husband-as-son.html

ACmomCee June 8, 2010 at 7:59 PM  

oh yes, we're all lucky talaga ate liz... dba mommy kikamz? we are just so blessed to have such family oriented hubsters who just loves us and the kids... I remembered hubby was changing alyssa's diapers only when there's no poop... haha!!! HERE'S MINE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP