Please Don't Grow Up Too Fast

>> Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dear Sam,

I can't believe you are now two and a half years old. It amazes me each time I look at you and see how much you've grown. While you were growing, I know that I have both my shortcomings and glories. Please forgive Mommy for the things that she may have overlooked. I know I could have done better with feeding you the right kind of food when you were still small. You wouldn't have the difficulty of eating with other kids now that you are going to Kindergarten. I know I could have done a better job of regularly cleaning your mouth and brushing your teeth the moment your first tooth came out. You wouldn't resist brushing your teeth before you go to bed these days. I know I could have trained you with drinking your milk from a cup when you were able enough to use one. You wouldn't be drinking from a feeding bottle these days. I know I could have been more firm when it comes to implementing rules. You wouldn't have difficulty cooperating and listening to instructions. But perhaps, I love you too much to be lenient with you at such a young age. I know I should have done better but I did not. And I am sorry. I hope that you will learn to adjust well... that you will be fine while you are at the Kindergarten. 


Know that you always make me proud because you have the capacity to adjust to the situation that you are in. I saw how you can get along easily with other kids and the thought that my little girl is making friends always gives a smile on my face and leaves me beaming with pride. I always find your genuine interest in people touching and I hope that you never lose that attitude as you grow older and more aware of your surroundings and the people around you.  I know that I have to allow other people into your life and take a little step back so that I won't get in the way of your learning other things. I also know now that I cannot totally shield and protect you from the outside world and so I promise to guide you in every way I can.

Just know that your Daddy and I only want what's best for you. And so we pray that God will give us enough strength and love to guide you in your journey. We love you Sam. You will always be our little girl. So please don't grow up too fast.

Love,
Mommy



1 beautiful reactions:

Beth September 11, 2010 at 3:29 PM  

This is beautiful, Kikamz. I wish I could write my kids letters. My hands are full always :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP