Is Sorry Enough?

>> Wednesday, August 25, 2010

As individuals, we are not perfect. When we married the one person that we love, we knew that life wouldn't be perfect either... but happy nonetheless. Disagreements, arguments and misunderstandings will always be a part of human relationships and married couples are not exempted from that reality.

Hubby and me, watching the paragliders in Scwarzwald (Black Forest).

We all make mistakes. As they say, "to err is human, to forgive is divine." I am a stubborn person, but not stubborn enough to not admit I was wrong or made a mistake. I say "I'm sorry" and ask for forgiveness when it is due, especially where Hubby is concerned. When there are arguments and misunderstanding between the two of us, I usually keep quiet and if I know that I am at fault, I would say sorry and would try to explain myself. But because I am so bad at explaining, I always end up crying! Toinks! 

Hubby and I always feel bad whenever we quarrel or when someone does something wrong so that we try to talk it out. I get scared when he begins raising his voice so that I would just hug him and say Sorry too, for my part in the argument. Once the heat of the argument is past, we would then talk about it in a calm manner. That is the case, most of the time. When we talk about it again, it allows us to better understand the situation and one another. And we try to not make the same mistake again to save us the heartaches afterward.

We try to not let pride get in the way of our relationship. Because we know that it will destroy everything that we have worked and hoped for.

Rodliz’s Nest




2 beautiful reactions:

Wifey10 August 26, 2010 at 1:39 PM  

yes correct, our marriage counsellor said always find right time to raise serious issues, and communication is very essential. Good day!

Mommy Liz August 30, 2010 at 10:28 PM  

Marce, sorry now lang ako naka comment, we were gone for 4 days, pagdating ko daming opps na mag expire, hehehe.

Well, tama ka naman na when you and your spouse quarrel, both of you will feel bad, ganyand in kami ni Rodney, di siya maka concentrate sa work kapag may misunderstanding kami. Sorry is a word that makes everything alright, basta ba di na uulitin di ba? Once it's done, it should never happen happen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP