CC: Opposites Attract

>> Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I learned that "opposites attract" when I was learning my Chemistry. It's an undeniable fact. While it is purely science, it is also applicable to relationships. While Hubby and I share similar values and beliefs, we also have our differences. We try to work our differences out and compliment them with our strengths. We would drive each other crazy with our differences but at the end of the day, what matters most is that we came to understand and respect each other better.

Hubby has the tendency to just leave things wherever he pleases, I hate clutter and clean up after him. Hubby likes to talk and I like to just keep silent and listen. I like to window shop, he dreads it especially when I stop at the lingerie section. I love to experiment with food, he likes his food simply cooked the Filipino way. He loves Formula 1, I love Korean Dramas. Although I am the more sociable one, he also gets along well with people. I do not know how to play the guitar but I am the one who helps him with the rhythm when we practice songs for church. He is fair skinned, I am dark, like milk and chocolate. He is updated on the current events in the Philippines while I am more confined to blogging and my online tasks. There are countless other differences but looking at my list here, I am glad that they are not really major ones. And that we try to adjust and make compromises to avoid quarrels and misunderstandings.

Want to know how different other couples are? Why don't you join us? Just click on the badge!


Rodliz’s Nest




3 beautiful reactions:

Mel_Cole August 6, 2010 at 2:03 PM  

Like milk and chocolate, me and hubbs too have different cultural beliefs, yes you're right, we should not argue more of the differences but instead compliment it with our strengths. I like that. Good for your hubby coz he likes music, they're the same with my hubbz, but your better than me coz you help him with the rhythm while me, I really don't know how to sing or to be in tune.

Mommy Liz August 9, 2010 at 3:51 PM  

Mare, lahat naman ng incompatibilities nyo eh pwedeng mapag usapan di ba? compromise is always the key, understanding and acceptance. Kami rin ni Rodney maraming opposite na traits, pero dahil sa we compromise most of the time, or siguro we learned to accept each others' flawsna rin , it really doesn't matter to us anymore. tinginan na lang sa mata, hehehe..

Rossel August 10, 2010 at 10:41 AM  

so many differences sis pero still you love each other so much and that is what important.

may pagka-oc ka din pala. bakit ganoon lagi na lang tayong tagaligpit ng kalat nila?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP