Sharing your gifts

>> Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Today's Readings:
First Reading: Jeremiah 1:1, 4-10
Psalm 71
Gospel: Matthew 13: 1-9

On that day, Jesus went out of the house and sat down by the sea. Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat down, and the whole crowd stood along the shore. And he spoke to them at length in parables, saying: "A sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seed fell on the path, and birds came and ate it up. SOm efell on rocky ground, where it had little soil. It sprang up at once because the soil was not deep, and when the sun rose, it was scorched, and it withered for lack of roots. Some seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it. But some seed fell on rich soil, and produced fruit, a hundred or sixty or thirty fold. Whoever has ears ought to hear."

"But some seed fell on rich soil, and produced fruit, a hundred or sixty or thirty fold." Matthew 13:8

My parents have always taught me to use and develop my talents and skills because if I don`t, God will ask me what I have done with the gifts that He has bestowed upon me on Judgement Day. I know now that they have a point, although it came as sort of a threat.

I don't really consider myself as a talented person. I know how to paint a little, dance a little, sing a little, make something creative a little - but I`m not really on to the big stuff. But I try to use them as much as I can to serve others. I gave handmade gifts to friends and realized that they appreciate it more. I volunteered for some school productions and helped out design the stage. I joined the church choir to sing songs of praise to God.

However, I believe that God has bestowed me the gift of being available to those in need. I am that kind of person who would like to help in any way I can.Back in college, when my classmates were having a hard time with Algebra and Trigonometry and wanting to shift into other courses, I encouraged them and gave them some free tutorials and organized study groups. I showed them that succeeding the course would entail a lot of work and belief in one's self. Today, whenever I see my friends, who have now become licensed engineers, they always thank me for what I have done to help them. And I look back to those days of hard work, and I smile and say to myself, Thank God for I have made a difference in my friends' lives.



0 beautiful reactions:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP