God`s Plan

>> Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Today`s Readings:
First Reading: Isaiah 10:5-7, 13-16
Psalm 94
Gospel: Matthew 11:25-27

At that time Jesus said in reply, "I give praise to you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned, you have revealed them to the childlike. Yes, Father, such has been your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the son wishes to reveal him."

"...you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned, you have revealed them to the childlike." Matthew 11:25

Everything that has happened to me, all that I am now, is God`s plan for me. I may have not known and realized this before, but I know now that God has revealed Himself to me when he gave me a second chance at life. I was still a little eight-year old when I had a car accident. Before my accident, I was hard-headed, would argue often with my siblings, would not listen to my parents advice, always got what I wanted and very, very persistent. Well, maybe that`s what small kids are. All that changed after my accident. From then on, I became patient and worked hard for things that I wanted to have and to do, I learned how to listen instead of shout, I learned how to obey instead of doing it my way... most of all, I became closer to my parents and established a prayerful relationship with the Lord.

I know I am not a perfect person - I still stumble and fall countless times. But the Lord raised me up again so that I can start anew. Having that second chance at life allowed me to evaluate myself. I know it sounds peculiar - even I can`t understand it myself. Because how could it be? An eight-year old realizing just that? But the accident had transformed me into the person that I am now. The transformation was not sudden of course, but the experience when I was still small became my guide. It was like, hey, this is my second chance. God allowed me to live, so I might as well make good use of it and do what God wills for me.

God works in so many ways, in many different shapes and sizes. His revelations are out there, all right... we just have to be willing to see and obey His will to see Him. How about you? How did the good Lord revealed Himself to you?



0 beautiful reactions:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP