A New Family

>> Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Today's Readings:
First Reading: Proverbs 21:1-6, 10-13
Psalm 119
Gospel: Luke 8:19-21

Then his mother and his brothers came to see him but were unable to join him because of the crowd. He was told, "Your mother and your brothers are standing outside and they wish to see you." He said to them in reply, "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and act on it."

"My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and act on it." Luke 8:21

When we first joined CFC or Couples for Christ here in Japan,I thought that it was going to be just a passing thing - that we would not be able to actively participate in the household meetings and all that. I thought this way because during that time, I was pregnant with our first child and thought that it would hinder us from joining since some of our household members live almost an hour away by train. But I was proven wrong. Household after household, we would join. No matter the distance and the late hours when we would have to travel back home. Perhaps it is God's love that sustained us and inspired us to be present in the household meetings.

One thing that I do love about the CFC is that our community here feels like our own family. There are no pretenses, no reservations - just the full acceptance of our brothers and sisters. It matters not what your stature in life is. It feels so good to be in fellowship with this people who, despite their accomplishments in life, remain simple, down to earth and steadfast in their faith in God. This is where I felt genuine love from my brothers and sisters. There is where I felt welcomed and at home. And now that I have my baby to take care, we cannot attend the household meetings regularly anymore. But I am comforted by the fact that even if we are not there, they still continue to pray for us as we for them. And if the opportunity to hold the household meeting in our home arises, we always say YES. It is just so hard to pass up this opportunity to be in fellowship with people who share the same faith and culture.

Thank God for this Christian family in a land where there seems to be religion.



3 beautiful reactions:

Sarah September 25, 2008 at 6:19 PM  

I am sending you an award! Stop by to pick it up!
http://www.steadfaststeps.com/2008/09/another-award.html

Unknown October 1, 2008 at 10:05 AM  

Hi, I just drop by to know the list of my fellow carders. Happy to find out that sisters in Christ are alive in faith among the blogsphere community. I hope you follow drops.
http://lifemomento.blogsphot.com

kamz October 1, 2008 at 10:19 AM  

@ sarah: thanks for the award. heading over to your site to get it.

@ ms. em: thanks for dropping by. dropping on your card too!

God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP